Thursday, August 7, 2008

BLESSINGS AT WHEATON

Wheaton College was my first experience of Christian Education. It was wonderful to have classes started with prayer and often devotionals.
The chapel services were a delight. When I first saw the beautiful Edman Chapel, it had me in awe.
Dr. Angeline Brant, a very plain single lady in her 60s, gave me a love for mathematics. Her love for the subject was infectious.
It has been a blessing to get acquainted with Dr. V. R. Edman and his life. God used his writings in significant ways in my life.
I also learned how to study there. On Saturday, you had to arrive early at the library to get a place to study. Later on at the University of South Dakota, I had the choice of a hundred places in the library on a Saturday.
God also used Wheaton to alert me to much that was going on in the Christian world. I am grateful for my time at Wheaton College.

No comments: