Sunday, September 27, 2009

Our Firstborn Girl is 40

Julie was a beautiful baby. She was born in the days when they didn't let fathers into the delivery room. It was a painful time waiting for her birth. At last I heard a baby cry. Julie was here. The nurse had to carry her by me on the way to the nusery. She turned away and would not let me see the baby. This was getting a little much for me. I didn't know Mary had told her not to let me see that we had a girl. She wanted to tell me. At last I was able to see this beautiful gal with lots of dark hair.
Julie was always on top of things. When she was about Malia's age (her oldest girl), she was watching our gas gage on a trip to Colorado. She started to warn me that we were going to run out of gas. Guess what, we did! Julie you have been a joy. We are grateful to God for trusting us with such a special girl. HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

No comments: