Wednesday, January 13, 2010

PROGRESS

Tomorrow will mark 8 weeks since the surgery on my knee. Having looked at this experience as God's purpose for good, I want to give a progress report. I am out of the brace most of the time and have been able to walk a mile. I am able to sleep quite comfortably now. I see some good things that are results to this point. I have lost 13 pounds and purpose to keep that down. I am monitoring my blood sugar and am close to where it should be. Mary and I are more consistent on our devotional life and reading through the Bible this year. Those are some tangible things. I am trusting that some of the spiritual results will become evident such as patience, compassion, more zeal for the Lord and more sensitivity to God's Spirit. Though this was a painful experience, I again see that God works all things together for good.

No comments: