Sunday, May 4, 2008

GOD DOES HEAR ME

As a young person, I remember a great desire to share my new found faith in Jesus Christ, but with little instruction of what to do. During my Jr. High years I told the Lord one day, " if you ever have Mrs. Cosgrove assign a paper entitled 'The Most Important Event in My Life', I will write about my salvation experience". I think only several days later she gave that assignment almost word for word. I was sort of stunned. I did follow through and wrote about accepting Jesus Christ as my Savior. She always picked several students to read their paper. I was a little scared that she would call on me and she did. I am grateful for this early test of obedience. Looking back, I realize what it did for me was to give me an awareness that God does hear my prayer and was able to move a teacher to respond to my prayer. I also learned that God takes us at our word. I know now, God used it to encourage me on in daily conversing with God.

1 comment:

June Duehring said...

Sometime you need to write about our Memorial Day tornado at the Lake. I have told the kids my version of it but would love to have it written down from you and mommy for them since you probably remember it much better.