Thursday, May 29, 2008

A LIFE CHANGING TESTIMONY

I remember hearing on the radio one morning that five missionaries were slain by the Auca Indians in Ecuador. In my junior year in high school, I read with great interest, "Shadow of the Almighty", the journal and testimony of Jim Elliot. I was so impressed with his devotion to Jesus Christ. Through his journal, it was obvious that Christ was first in his life. God used his testimony to challenge me on in my devotion to Jesus Christ. His writing about his time at Wheaton College interested me in applying to Wheaton. Jim wrote, "he is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose." That truth has been very helpful in my life and I pray it will guide those after me.

1 comment:

Marilee We Roll Along said...

I was so inspired by this book as well--reading it for the first time when I was in college. Recently I got a book on my shelf entitled "The Journal Writing of Jim Elliot". I hope to get some of it read this summer. Your writings are a tremendous gift to your children, grandchildren, and the rest of us.