Sunday, January 16, 2011

2011 Challenge to Family

As I was walking and running at the arena early this month, I had an inspiring thought. Why not set a goal of running and walking 1000 miles in 2011. My next thought was, why not challenge the family to that goal. I have always found that if I am more disciplined physically it helps me be on track spiritually. I passed that on to the family with a financial incentive. Then the Lord reminded me of I Timothy 4:8 "For bodily exercise profiteth little: but godliness is profitable unto all things, having promise of the life that now is, and of that which is to come." Therefore I added reading through the Bible in the year also. I added some smaller goals so the grandchildren could get involved as well. It ended up as follows:
$100 reading through the Bible
$30 reading through the New Testament
$100 for 1000 miles of purposed walking or running
$50 for 500 miles of the same
$25 for 250 miles of the same
Must be completed by Dec. 31, 2011
God has encouraged me to invest in the family. I trust this is helpful. May God bless our family.

3 comments:

Elisa Seaba said...

I love your ideas for motivation daddy! it has helped get me moving on my Bible reading! today i read three chapters while walking on the treadmill :)multi-tasking!

June Duehring said...

My kids are loving reading the Bible. I am pretty sure they read it in the morning because they know I won't make them stop reading the Bible to do school work. How do you tell your kids to stop reading the Bible and get busy on math? These kids are too smart.

Journaling My Journey said...

Love those kids!