Wednesday, January 26, 2011

GRADUATION

I have decided to write this blog before I am any older and still in good health. Unless we have the joy of being caught up in the rapture, the day of death will come. I believe we have the joy of being close to our grandchildren, but that makes death even more of a trauma. When that day comes it is so important to be able to see it as "graduation". I have had two small visions that have left an impression on me. They were brief, but very real and the picture I saw was indelibly imprinted on my memory. The first was shortly after my dad died. I saw him and I would judge that he appeared about age thirty. He appeared to be so happy. I remember him having that look when he was really pleased about something. It left me with a lasting impression of his present happiness. The second was seeing a grandson who seemed to be in his early thirties or late twenties. I didn't recognize him, but I knew who he was and he was a very handsome man. I was in the picture in bed, but not very distinct. I assumed I was about finished with my time here. From our perspective here death is always a sad thing because of separation and the weakness that accompanies it. I want my grandchildren to know that when that time comes; It will be GRADUATION. I will be happy, even as I had that impression about my dad. You grandchildren will have life before you and a mission to complete. Rejoice in the blessed hope we have in Christ, "to be absent from the body is to be present with the Lord".

2 comments:

June Duehring said...

Very good post. Thank you. That will be good to have written down for the kids to read someday.

Elisa Seaba said...

Will love to be able to show the kids this! but, i don't like to think about that time and hope it's far away!!