Thursday, March 10, 2011

ARE WE CUTE?

Recently Mary and I quoted part of Isaiah 40 together at church and the people clapped when we were finished. Karen spoke up and said,"they did not clap for me". I said it was because we are cute. (laughter) Jack said "Mary may be cute but you aren't". So I said, let me tell you the story. We were walking at the arena recently, holding hands. A nice young lady said, "that is so cute". Now, I have always thought that cute was reserved for little children or for the elderly. So, I was not sure it was a compliment. Last Saturday night we ate at a restaurant, and when we were finished, Mary got an ice cream cone. She offered me a bite and our waitress said, "that is so cute!". This is getting a little out of hand. We are trusting we are not appearing that ELDERLY. I will update if this continues.

4 comments:

Elisa Seaba said...

Ha, that is hilarious! :)

The Lanker Family said...

Too cute! :)

June Duehring said...

It is just cute because you don't see many people in love anymore. I don't think it is because you appear elderly. :) Very funny, though.

Marilee We Roll Along said...

This is good--and cute! And you and Mary are very, very young! You don't need to be "elderly" to do cute things!