Tuesday, April 2, 2013

The Lost is Found

Six or seven months ago I lost a very special ring. I had no idea when it happened, but I realized it when we came back from Cape Cod in October. I assumed it may have slipped off my finger in Massachusetts. It is special and inscribed with "All My Love, Mary". I asked the Lord to please take care of it and return it, if it pleased Him. Mary and I were planting pansies at the church before Easter. I raked off the mulch and tossed it on the mulch area at the church. A bit later Mary looked down and there it was. Thank you, Lord. V. R. Edman, the president of Wheaton College, when I attended there had a  pastor Johnson, who as a boy in Sweden was very poor. He had borrowed a fish hook from a neighbor and was fishing in a small lake near home. He hooked a large fish and it broke the line. He was heart broken because it wasn't his hook. He dropped a net in that spot and pleaded with God to get the hook back. The next morning he went back to the spot and found a fish caught in the net. There was that hook in the fish's mouth. He retrieved the hook and the fish gave a flap and back into the lake, but he had the hook. Pastor Johnson said this was how he learned to trust God. God cares about the small important things in our lives. Learn to ask Him and trust Him. God delights to show His power in small things.

No comments: