Saturday, June 14, 2014

Blessing for Obedience

I want to pass on a Father's Day message concerning my father and the faithfulness of Our Heavenly Father to bless obedience. On June 15, 1952 (which was Father's Day), I was saved as well as my sister, Roberta. The night we were saved our mom and dad rededicated their lives to the Lord. With this new spiritual life in our family, our folks knew we needed to go to a church where the gospel was being preached. That meant leaving my dad's family church where the gospel was not taught. I know that was a major decision for my dad. It was met with great disapproval from his family. They settled on the Meriden Evangelical Free Church some 17 miles from home. Dad became very involved in this new church. At a special prayer meeting for men, one of the men of that community told Dad about a farm that would be sold within a mile from the church. The folks bought that farm, which was one of the best farms if not the best in that county. After they purchased the farm they learned that there were many who wanted that farm. It is clear to me that God reserved it for us for the obedience of my folks. It indeed was a wonderful farm and has been such a great blessing to our family. The Lord said  "I WILL HONOR THOSE WHO HONOR ME" and He certainly did. That decision to be part of a church that honored God's word opened the door to many family blessings. Thank you, Dad for that step of obedience. Thank you Heavenly Father for the blessing.

No comments: