Friday, February 22, 2008

FREEDOM FROM FEAR

One thing that stands out in my childhood is the amount of fear I had in my early days. Looking back, I realize that after I received Christ at the age of nine, I had freedom from fear. I remember having fear of storms, fear that our furnace would blow up, fear of fire drills in school, fear of getting sick to my stomach at school, fear of the dark, and I'm sure there were many more. I came to appreciate the power of God in some of the things that had earlier caused fear.
God led later in my life to deal with some very frightening situations in the spiritual battle. I am so grateful that God had delivered me from fear. "For God hath not given us a spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind."(II Timothy 1:7) I agree with Martin Luther; "The Prince of Darkness Grim, We tremble not for him; His rage we can endure, For lo his doom is sure; One little word shall fell him." I pray that those who come after me will find wonderful freedom from fear in Jesus Christ.

1 comment:

Marilee We Roll Along said...

This is good and so meaningful for you to share with your children and grandchildren specific items in your own life that caused fear, and the change that Christ's Presence has brought. (This made me recall how fear stricken I had been as a lst grader that I would get sick in the lunch room as another student had done. I couldn't eat for a couple of days.)