Friday, February 1, 2008

A SENSE OF DESTINY

Something happened to me as a child that I've never told until now but it has an impact on my life. I would guess I was about 7 years old and we were visiting my Mom's brother Henry and his wife Alma. She took me into a room to see her mother, Mrs. Morrel, who was nearly blind and near the end of her life. She didn't know me well but I remember her taking my hand and telling me, "God has something special He wants to do with your life." Though I was young, it made an impact on me and I have never forgotten that moment. I don't know anything about Mrs. Morrel's relationship with Christ but I do know God does have a special plan for each of our lives. That plan can only be realized as we trust Christ as Savior and yield ourselves to His will.

Job 23:10 He knoweth the way that I take . . .

Jer. 29:11 I know the thoughts I think toward you . . .to give you an expected end.

I Peter 2:9(NIV) But you are a chosen people . . .

Eph. 2:10 For we are His workmanship . . .

I pray that those after me would have a sense of destiny that will move them on to realize the will of God in their lives.

No comments: